Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 decade ago

What can be used to get dried rubber cement off carpet?

My husband was doing a project last night and knocked over the bottle of rubber cement. He obviously did not notice it and left it there over night. I just now noticed it while cleaning house and I have no ideal on how to get it up. Does anyone have any ideas that would not bleach the carpet or further damage it.

Favorite Answer

Try this stuff called "Goo Gone" it works or you can try WD-40 it will lossen it up but then you have to clean to get rid of that residue and smell. I am a custodian and deal with this all the time.

Try acetone. Since rubber cement is a nonpolar polymer, acetone may do the trick.

did you try fingernail polish remover? I found this wonderful for unsticking my fingers from super glue one time and i've used it ever since for things like that.

Source(s): my experience

Try freezing it then breaking it off. There is a freeze spray that you can buy.