What has caused people of today to place materials before morals or spirtual well being?

Favorite Answer

Look at the people that we are supposed to admire.......movie stars, sports figures, fashion models, billionaires, politicians, etc...... Many of the people that we admire and look at as examples give us poor examples to live by.

T.V and magazines point out that if you are not successful, have a huge bank account or one of the beautiful people, you haven't "made it" in this society. People accuse Christians of "brain-washing" their children.....what do think society is doing to our young people?

Jesus gave us a good example of this when He said, "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

I live my life as simple as possible, and that includes materialistically.

Source(s): Luke 12:34

Foolishness I think is what you are looking for. Some people can't even acknowledge never mind fathom their own addictions to material possession ie woman and their shoes - men and their weapons & magazines. I'm just trying to emphasize unneccessary accumulation that's all. But we all have our own journeys to discover what God's will is, love:o]

• Lone

What makes you think that it's only people today? The vast majority of people have always been like that, it's just human nature.

Its stuff!!! He who dies with the most toys wins. I dont personaly belive that but I think thats the general feeling.

Greed and selfishness. We live increasing in a me-me-me society.

the fact that you can be controlled by a computer intead of religion sweethart.