Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

help need remeidy for morning sickness?

Favorite Answer

Congratulations!

My wife used preggie pops. They helped a little.

http://www.threelollies.com/

You should consult your doctor before taking anything.

I hope this helps.

Nothing works all the time, but the tried-and -true saltines by the bedside, perhaps along with a little 7-Up/Sprite allowed to go flat on the bedside stand overnight, may be of some benefit. Once upon a time there was a prescription that was very safe and popular. It contained 50 mg of vitamin B6 and the same antihistamine that's in Unisom, the over-the-counter sleep aid. It's no longer available, because people kept suing the company, and defending the lawsuits became too expensive, even though billions of doses had been used and no safety issues ever appeared. The legal profession should be ashamed. Prescription anti-emetics are available, but their safety record isn't as extensive, and side-effects can be a problem.

Well, sorry but only nausea meds will help ( were it is a big difference) I took fenergan and it helped some but I was still sick all the time just not to the extent of being sent to the hospital. The is a med that they give cancer patents for nausea ..not sure what it is called..but I know it works well. Any med ..if you have it sever...will not prevent it it will just help some. I would also say that pregnancy pops will take the edge off sometimes...helped me a very little bit but anything is better than nothing... You can get that from a maternity store or a place like stork land.

I am pregnant with my 4th, had bad morning sickness with all 4 (1st one was the worst). Some said lemonaid and potato chips. Others said 1/2 of a Unisom (sleep aid) I found frequent snacking helped. Don't over eat. Protein seemed to carry me the longest - cheese, eggs, meat, etc...

My most recent mid-wife also offered an acid-reducing medication - can't remember which one. All I felt like I could do was lay down - very impractical. Had "morning" sickness all day long.

PHENERGAN!!!! Thats all I can say. It is a prescription med for nausea. I am32 weeks and still sick. I couldn't have made it this far without it. Also, try eating a couple saltine crackers and some gignger ale before your feet ever touch the floor in the morn. Good luck and believe me I know how you feel and I hope yours don't last too much longer.

• Linda

The most common remedy is saltine crackers. Eat one at a time and very slowly...Keep them at bedside and eat a couple before you get out of bed....If you are throwing up more than twice a day talk to your doctor...There may be something he/she can suggest, also he/she needs to be sure you are not getting dehydrated......After first three months morning sickness should subside......Hope you feel better and congratulations on your baby.

While, my doctor was more than willing to prescribe something for me, I did not want a prescription. And I didn't like saltines..sssssoo I kept a sleeve of Ritz crackers beside my bed and ate about 5 before actually getting up and it worked great for me. Also, hubby would make plain toast on weekends and bring that to me..it worked too...

~*~*Congrats and Good Luck~*~*

My daughter just had a baby 2 weeks ago, and her Doctor told her to brush her teeth at night instead of the morning (she would use a mouthrinse in the morning because she didn't like the idea of "morning breath" ), eat crackers or dry cereal, watch her spicy food intake at evening hours and that seemed to help her.

Good luck and congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Morning sickness passes and it will be well worth it

Saltine crackers (soda crackers). Nibble at these and simply love your body and what you are experiencing now with being with child. Should a woman experience morning sickness...it's natural ... go with the flow...love your own body, the experience, patience till the morning sickness passes . . . in the meantime...saltine crackers.

Anything with Mint in it will help you w/morining sickness. Like the vapor rup nose smelly thing for colds. Or mint oil of any kind just smell it and you will feel a calm down your throat and esophogus which controls that desire to have nausea.

I threw up all nine mos. with all 5 pregnancies. The nausea is kinda a good sign that all is well. Eventually I learned what didn't taste so bad coming back up. Like watermelon. Ginger ale helps too.