Rukh
Rukh asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Do you think Yahoo Answers should change the voting system for answers?

I've gone over some of the resolved questions I answered and even though I provided a good detailed answer ...I lose out on "Best Answer" to some cheezy blurb just because ONLY one person voted and picked the cheezy one.

Do you think they should make it so that an answer must have at least 2 votes to win a "Best Answer"?

Favorite Answer

If you had bothered to vote for your wise answer you would have created a tie and forced a third vote before resolution.

I think the short term solution is to be sure you check your old questions you have answered and then go vote for your answer.

I have created two, three, and four way ties by doing this.

I have also voted and found that I was the second vote for my answer so some people are voting on the unresolved questions.

I am just grateful that they have found a way to get the profane and gross questions out faster. If you want more best answers you need to vote for yourself more. I do and when I see an answer that is far superior I have made myself vote for them instead. Usually when I do that I am the tie breaker vote and that is a good feeling even though I get less points. It feels good to vote on questions where I do not know who posted anything.

I love being the tie breaker vote. ♥

I think they sould get rid of the voting system entirely. It's too easily abused. Instead of sending a question to a vote after four days, just close it to new answers. If the asker wants to come back at any point and pick a best answer they can do so. If not, then why does the question need a best answer anyway? If people accumulate too many questions without best answers, they shouldn't be able to ask any more questions until they chose best answers.

They tried banning voting on a question you'd answered at one point, and the result was an insane buildup of unresolved questions. Requiring two votes would do the same thing. The basic problem is that the majority of questions are resolved with only one vote, and leaving them open for longer isn't going to get more people to vote on them as they appear at the end of the voting list with the default sort setting. I think that a better solution is to just not let anyone but the asker chose a best answer.

I think they need to put up an 'easy button' to encourage more voting.

As it is now you have to make several clicks to get to the voting and as often as not when you are voting after a few questions it will jump you to resolved questions and if you want to keep voting you have to go back and do the two step again to find the voting link.

If 'vote' was on the top page or even 'featured' there would be allot more voting going on. This is the first change they should make to the process.

• louque

properly surely that's not consistently the case. i've got considered basically one answer to a question and in my view it responded wisely and many many circumstances somebody chooses NO terrific answer. what's that approximately. If the asker does not pass back and choose then the answerer does not get their deserved factors. that is going to pass to tiebreaker. And there no factors for no terrific. purely meaness.

Questions would remain unresolved for longer waiting for 2 votes for a best answer. I don't think it would help.

3 or 4 votes would work for me.

yes. sure, i agree. at least 2 votes. every answerer comes back to that question and votes his answer...it's not fair!

That would make sense. Either that, or you can't vote on an answer you've answered yourself.

• SKG R

No for best answers they must make it 15.

I agree