I have Adobe 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0 on my computer. Should I have unistalled earlier versions before installing 7.

Would like to unistall previous versions for space.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is not necessary to have Adobe 5 and 6 to run 7. You can go ahead and uninstall them.

• 1 decade ago

Older versions software are usually safe to uninstall.

[but make sure you uninstall it using control panel>add and remove programs options]

But there are somethings to keep in mind. Software versions may differ, and so does the saved files. This may cause some problems as some files from older versions may look different in newer versions. [worst it may not be recognizable].

So, to be on the safe side, best to check if it works or not.

Other than that, you may not like the features or newer interface. Sometimes, that gets frustrating.

But adobe usually auto uninstall older versions of its software before installing the new versions anyway.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Can still be unistalled in Control Panel -> Software

• 1 decade ago

hi dude,

Adobe 8.0 have arrived and its great. download it from www.adobe.com and install it.

BTW if u follow step by step instruction for installin Adobe in ur computer, the software its will install the other versions in ur computer before installin new version 8.0.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

uninstaling is great and beter to keep the latest one

for saving space

• 1 decade ago

you should use the 3mb alternative to adobe.

foxitsoftware.com

• 1 decade ago

can I just ask a question here...

why do ya want to know??

• YES

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.