What would you do if your particular religion were banned? How would you react?

Favorite Answer

The only way they could ban Narcissism is to break every mirror and I don't see that happening!

Since I have no religion, mine could *never* be banned :)

I'm completely against the "banning" of any religion. I believe people should be free to believe whatever they want to, no matter how silly or superstitious it is. We should educate people so they lose their ignorance and fear that cause them to keep these ancient fairy-tales alive, but not ban their beliefs. Banning things, as prohibition, drug laws, prostitution laws, etc. have all shown, usually results in a hard-core underground culture supporting what is banned anyway. Better to eradicate superstition through education than by edict.

• eri

My lack of religion keeps me from running for office in my state. Does that count as 'banned'?

There's no reason to ban religion; we just have to better educate people so they will make logical choices about their lives and values instead of basing them on faith (i.e., no evidence or proof).

It has been and in some parts of the world it still is.

Since it's fortold and thereby expected, I would continue. Though perhaps cautiously, but yet firmly and with full conviction. :o)

(Matt 5:11;John 15:20;John 15:19)

Source(s): The bible.

Churches or other congregations could be banned, holy books and scrolls could be banned, but that doesn't mean that the religion wouldn't still be there. It's about what people believe, and everyone would keep believing what they did before.

I would continue to praise God the Father and his Son at any cost. I would expect that we were living in the end times as the Bible described. Of course, I am taking into consideration the current state of our world.

I don't belong to a religion so the question doesn't really apply. On the other hand if you look at atheist China, nobody really cares about religion. It doesn't bother them in the least.

Source(s): My Chinese relatives.

I would keep believing what i believe. What can they do to me, thats worse than what i would get if i gave up what i believed? ok ya, id probly freak out for a few days....but like i said, i wouldnt change my beliefs just cause sum1 decided to ban it

I think I'd be even more demonstrative of it. Maybe the reason Christianity is louder now than it was years ago is because it's slowly becoming "banned". So I guess the more people try to restrict us, the louder we become.

Well, they're trying to ban it to some extent right now. Atheists are being relegated to second-class citizens by the Republicans.

I'm fighting back. Answering religious questions, especially ones like this one, is one way of fighting back. Education is the key.