my laptop keeps bluescreening and rebooting itself?

what could be the problem? It tells me there is a device driver error, but what is this?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If Last known hardware config fails, ask yourself if you have changed any drivers or added any hardware recently. If so, that will be a starting point. You can usually hit F8 as the computer boots and boot into Safe mode. That will allow you to get in and make changes. I would go slow because some changes cannot be undone. If you have an OS that lets you start in Safe mode with support for burning CD's or networking, make a backup copy of all your data now before it is lost.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You probably left it sitting flat, rather then propped up on its little legs. There was no circulation and you have overheated it. If it has a processor over 700MHZ they require an huge amount of cooling. If you get another one, get a cooler attachment for it.

The one you have now is probably only good as a doorstop.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

this could be a virulent disease, there are 3 universal viruses that reasons the style of subject in many situations. Or the video motive force or the different motive force could no longer be put in fantastic. attempt to re-installation the drivers (in case you recognize how), in case you do no longer, then do exactly no longer do it, on the grounds which you will worsen the region. sturdy success!

• 1 decade ago

more than likely its a bad hard drive. There is some sort of hadware failure going on with the machine.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.