Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

How long can my dog who is 8 years old have puppies?

She just had 3 puppies today.

Favorite Answer

It is not so much a matter of how long is she physically able to have puppies, but when is it good to stop. After this litter I would highly recommend having her spayed. In people years she would be about in her sixties. I'd say its time to stop breeding her and let her rest from any and all of that.

What kind of a dog is she? Congrats on the new pups.

• ljn331

What do you mean?

My brothers dog who was around eight as well had puppies recently. She had two, then a few more a few hours later. Is that what you mean?

wow, this is the reason for thousands upon thousands or dogs being put to sleep in shelters every single day, congrats to being a contributor to that for all these years, and for wearing out that poor animal. Maybe you should really think about stopping this immediately??

• lizzy

Like the first poster said, until you have her spayed. But she's at the very upper limit for breeding safely agewise.

until she stop's going into heat....She just had 3 puppies? congratulation well i hope you stop breeder her because she's getting old

• ?

she is getting to old to be a breeder dog eighter find her a home or make her your pet..just like i did for my dog..she lives with me and is now retired from breeding .. she served me well now it is my turn to return the favor

Please get her fixed and don't put her through that again at her age. Please? The fact that there were only 3 should tell you something.

till she stops going into heat, or you get her spayed.