How can I find court documents concerning a social service case where my daughter was taken from me in 1984?

My daughter was seven and I fought the court for 18 months before they took her. I want to find her.

Favorite Answer

go to the court house in which the case was heard. In the prothonatary's office, are all the cases that have been heard, all of which is public info. You may also want to contact the lawyer or public defender, in which you had defending you.

Actually, if you post your story with names, addresses, dates, etc.... all over the Internet, including here there's a better chance of her finding you. Include it in your bio on Yahoo and My Space as almost all Internet searches like Goggle check them.

You may find some more info at the state where she was taken from's web site. If nothing else, I'd contact that state and let them know that you'd be happy if she contacts you, so they don't accidentally keep you apart.

My daughter found me on the Internet when she left home for College and a few years later I found my son at another college web site. He was using my ex's maiden name.

Good Luck!

File for release of information under the "Freedom of Information Act" through the court or clerk of the court in which the issue was had.

Ah, my friend. The name is Spence and I've protested with fathers4Justice. Anyhows, yea, just ask at the court house. You could do with joining some of the local fathers rights groups.

Only guys who have been through it know all of what to do and I haven't, but I know that many men have in the movement. So that's why I advise joining as they can definately help.

Talk to the clerk of the court where the case took place.

You won't find them online. This will take a trip to the courthouse and a lot of form requests using the freedom of information act as your reasoning for these documents.

Many ways:

1. find your lawyer if you had one

2. find the social services who took your daughter away

3. go to City Hall and look in the records there

4. find another lawyer and let them do the work

• ?

pay an attorney to get these documents for you. that's going to be the easiest way to get them.

The court house.

Thank you very much, while you're up.

call911