Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What place have you visited that you thought the people were the weirdest?

For me it's got to be Los Angeles, CA. The people were bugged out! Everyone is an actor, or trying to be something in showbiz. Hollywood, besides Rodeo Drive is like a big Greenwich Villiage, with a bunch of homeless vagabonds and overly eccentric folk....Alot of the Latino people who owned businesses didn't speak a word of English-like how do you own a business and not speak English???!!!

Now, so as not to offend anyone, there were some really cool things about L.A.-like the Hollywood Bowl, where young people get together and skate, bowl, arcade, and basically have a great time. Crenshaw Blvd-where the cutest guys get together on Friday and Saturday nights and show off their lo-riders with the hydraulics. And South Central-the place that scared the crap outta me-AND I'M FROM BROOKLYN!!!!

Favorite Answer

Las Vegas - the people have very thick accents, many people have really bad teeth (I saw a manager in a drugstore who's teeth were the color of hardwood lumber!), once you get away from the casinos most of the city is trailer parks and if a person in Las Vegas tells you somplace is "one block away" be prepared to walk about 1 MILE (oh yeah, and NOBODY walks out there - they drive everywhere, even if it's someplace right up the street!)

I'm a lifelong New Yorker and Las Vegas wierded me out

Florida - very weird mixture of religious crazies and an "anything goes" kind of weirdness. Kind of a cultural wasteland, but with humidity and bugs the size of your head. Oh, and some very open discrimination here and there, outside the cities/tourist areas.

Although, that said, you never really get to know a place by visiting it for a day or two, but at least we all made some sort of effort. Judgmental b*stards that we are :)

Yahoo Answers

I've lived from New York (born there) to Florida, to California and many states in between.

I've met some unusual and interesting people in my travels but I'd have to choose Los Angeles too.

For me, it was like living in a foreign country in which American's aren't welcome. Unless you have a lot of money, and can afford to live in one of the more affluent communities, it's just too depressing, especially when you have to commute to work every day and night through Compton.

(I shudder)

I can only imagine how strange American's must seem to people from other countries. We're all a little weird in our own way I guess. ♥

Chat rooms. *shudders* I can't count the times someone pops out out of nowhere and starts the conversation with "Sex." Doiiiii...

Other than that, at school in third grade, everyone seemed to like me. Nowadays, 80% of the people I know hate me, 19% are uncertain, and at least three people are madly in love with me, but I don't give a d/amn.

But the weirdest place of all is, of course, my hyperactive imagination.

omgosh i would have to say iowa for sure, i went there for a day and omgosh, it was terrible, it was like traveling thru time, like it was way back in the andy griffith days (i love that show) but not as clean and some really UGLY people!!!! im sure there are some pretty people there, i just didnt see em

Pople from VA scare me, and Kansas too. I love New-Yorkers though. Yeah, I can't even imagine going to CA and meeting all the ridiculous actor-wannabe's and obsessed fans.

for me it was America, i did a cross country tour from new york to LA over 3 weeks, people seemed to be friendly, and they have a completely different sense of humor, just not my kinda place.

and when i was in LA (Wilshire/Normandie was where the hotel was) they didn't speak very much English, they speak some sort of Chinese/Arabic style language, very very weird.

BTW, I'm from Ireland.

• brock

Manhattan on New Years Eve.

Pascagoula, MS. Did not know the meaning of "redneck" until I came here. Will be leaving soon and I can't wait!!