meg asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

I love Wes Anderson, Harold and Maude, and Frank Capra- reccommend some good movies, please?

My favorite movies are:

Harold and Maude

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Rushmore

It's a Wonderful Life

Garden State

Almost Famous

The Life Aquatic

The Royal Tenenbaums (I looove Wes Anderson! & Ted Leoman's photographic work)

Amelie

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Squid and the Whale

I also LOVE silent, meaningful films like The Door in the Floor and Junebug. I'd prefer indie suggestions...but any movie you love is fine.

I've seen tons of movies, so list as many as you can because it's likely I've seen a bunch of 'em. Thank you! :)

Favorite Answer

I'm in love with Wes Anderson's films and it's great when I find other people who appreciate them as well. He has one more movie, Bottle Rocket that you didn't mention, so I thought I would tell you about that one. Another director I enjoy is Guy Ritchie. He reminds me of Anderson in the sense that there is a central story with many other stories that tie into it. I also love the narration. Two Guy Ritchie films that I would recommend are:

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels

Snatch

An indie film I fell in love with is Our Song. If you love watching Indies there's a channel called the Independent Film Channel (IFC) and they actually play them on there.

Other movies I like are:

The Usual Suspects

Match Point

Lost in Translation

A Bronx Tale

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

The Interpreter

American History X

Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang

Philadelphia

Rain Man

Well, I hope that gives you a few new movies to enjoy. If you find more feel free to let me know!

.Brittney.

I too loved Harold and Maude....you should see a Dr. soon and discuss mortality and suicidal tendancys. These dark movies are a very bright clue to our state of mind. Get some help and feel better!