Sollution to a STOP 0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP?

0x0000007F (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

I looked it up and Microsoft Support says the computer's hardward and etc. etc. and the 0x00000000 means it's the RAM's problem. I have a laptop so it's not so easy to just presto and change it is it? And I only get it while starting up StarCraft or Civ III and a extremely rare time while I was online from a year ago.

So is there a second opinion? Any tips or recommendations? Besides getting a new laptop...

Oh yeah, I don't know if it would help but my laptop runs on a Pentium III 700mhz (pretty slow) processor and only has like 128 RAM (more or less don't really remember)

Favorite Answer

Actually, I think it's pretty easy to change RAM in laptop as well. Of course, it'll be a little more husstle opening it up yet not that much. The only problem I can see you might have is finding new RAM for p3, since it seems a little out of date, and I'm not sure if the stores will carry that memory.

What you could do is to check what kind of memory your computer uses (if it's able to get into windows, get CPU-z program or something similar before you open up your computer). Then, find a friend or someone with a similar computer, and borrow their memory to install into your computer and check if it's really RAM that you have problems with.

• ?

Depending on the lap top make and model, most of them have a door located on the bottom of the machine that lets you access the RAM. Changing it is pretty much the same as in a desk top.

128 megs is pretty low to be running games, so you may want to be installing more.

What you can do is really look closely at the RAM in the machine. Are there any cracks or burns from overheating? Check the contacts, if they are dirty clean them up. There are chemicals to clean the things, but wiping them on a pair of jeans usually works just as well.

There is no reason to go out and buy a new machine just because a RAM stick may or may not be faulty.

If it turns out to be faulty RAM, look at the stick for a speed rating, it may be either PC133 or DDR2. If you need to replace a stick, it's important to replace it with the same bus speed rating.