Has anyone tried sprinkling cayane pepper in their socks ?

To keep their feet warm?

Favorite Answer

Haven't tried it and don't know why it would keep you warm, but here is something from a website called lifescript.com.

"When capsaicin is applied directly to the skin it has the same effect as when you eat a hot pepper – first stimulating a burning sensation and then a feeling of pleasure. It’s frequently used to stop bothersome itching. The itching sensation follows the same nerve pathway as the sensation of pain."

And they are talking about the chemical that produces the "heat" itself. You would nee quite a bit of cayenne pepper to get any kind of result. And considering feet have toug skin anyway, I doubt you would feel anything. Better to stick with thick socks or those little hand/foot heaters you can find at wal-mart.

LOL ... that is very funny.

We have used it mixed with special paint for the bottom of our sailboat - it helps prevent the "little critters" from growing on the bottom so quickly when we are anchored in warm water.

I have heard that it can be used to keep insects such as ants away ... makes sense, but I'm not sure about that one.

To keep my feet warm .... no, never tried that!

My gf did, in the Army, in Bosnia. She said it worked somewhat, at least for a while. Maybe it's an Army thing, cayenne pepper on the feet, Tabasco sauce on everything else.

i just put on another pair of socks... and yeah that does work

no y does it work?

you'll get it somewhere you don't want it for sure