How good/bad of a job does Best Buy do installing car stereo faceplates?

I'm putting a new stereo into my car and Best Buy is having a free same-day installation deal right now on faceplates. I just wanted to know if they do a good job on installs or not so much. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

my ex used to work at best buy. i have seen alot of the work that they do, and i will say 90% has been next to perfect, but there is always a possibility that your installer is a complete idiot and somehow screws something up. if you choose to have someone install it for you i suggest purchasing a warranty. with that being said, if you touch the installation at all(wires, harness) the warranty will be void. good luck

You don't mention the car, but Best Buy does a pretty good job.

I look at it this way, it's free! And you can enjoy yourself looking around while they do the install instead of spending an afternoon sweating in your car trying to put it in properly.

good luck on whatever you decide to do.

They usually know what they are doing... They always do a great job installing stereo systems on cars...

i own a repair shop,and i have seen some of there work,some times they do real good on some of the ones they ,do,,i have seen a few bad looking ones though,but for the most part they do alright,,good luck,i hope this help,s,,have a good x-mas.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.

I had them do mine. I haven't had any problems or anything with it for the past 3 years.

• Laura

But how would thieves know your stealth car was there ? And how would you ever find it again after you parked it ?