Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Will Dem senators try a Julius Cesar on Bush?

Should he have armed guards when he visits the Senate starting next year? I put nothing past the liberal Dem elements.

Favorite Answer

Why not ?

They couldn't get JFK to play along and look what happened to him .

• Bryan

In a proverbial sense? Maybe! They will not use knifes as the weapon of choice though. The daggers will come in the form of subponeas and endless investigations. Not as final as murder I guess, but certainly just as dark hearted and possibly just as deadly politically.

heathboy27: The Democrats were not put into power to undertake political witch hunts. They were voted in because Americans wanted change. If you check polling data most Americans are against investigations and attempted impeachments. Like you I hope we get change, but the Democrats playing revenge politics is not going to bring that about and will only widen the divide in the country.

They won't physically stab him in the back but watch for changes in policies that where made. I'm sure the first is his tax breaks will be taken away slowing our growing economy. They already hate the Patriot Act so that will go weakening the country. So, that will leave us open for another terrorist attack. They will get their way and pull us out of Iraq repeating the mistakes made in Vietnam.

So, yeah they won't do it physically but keep an eye out for the policy stabs in the back.

Probably not since trying to or actually killing the president of the US is very bad. More likely no one will want to screw up their career over him. They will just block all or most of what he wants to get done and leave him as a lame duck president.

If you think such is going to happen, it will be ushered in by someone like Cheney, so look no farther than your fellow conservatives to backstab in the context of Julius Caesar. You know, Caesar needs a Brutus.

No. I think the Democrats are going to do what we put them in office to do. And that's to get the answers to the questions, expose the corruption and lies and punish those that need to be punished. I think they're going to conduct thorough investigations and make decisions based on their findings.

In my opinion (and I hope I'm not proven wrong), they are going to do the job that we put them there to do and hopefully restore faith in our government once again.

I have my fingers crossed.

No, they are cowards hiding behind fat positions in government.

There are no doubt many Liberals that would love the chance to commit such a heinous crime.

No, because Democrats will control themselves and only expose his lies and failed policies. Not to mention Dick Cheney would probably be an even worse President.

• ?

Don't compare Bush to Cesar. Cesar knew how to lead his troops, Bush DOESN'T.

The old guard most certainly do just that! Never trust a liberal!

If you want to make that analogy I would rather fear the Republican senators.More and more you will see them move away form Bush and his failed policies.They want a chance in 2008