Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

can we have religion or spirituality without music?

I don't know of any religion that doesn't have music in it, do you? Songs, written from the heart, sung by the soul, are practically universally linked to religion and spirituality, aren't they? what do you think?

• Peace
    Favorite Answer

heck no ... music is about as spiritual as it gets

dont take away my music .... as sister sledge once said

actually endora darling .... i am told that music plays a very big part in the after life , and i dont mean harps on clouds

As one person mentioned, the Church of Christ doesn't instruments in a worship service. It is not that they do not like or believe in MUSIC. It is instrumental music that is ONLY in the worship setting.

I do believe that music is very important. There are three things that exist in EVERY culture but we are no positive of the true origins of all of it. Religion is one of them. Music and art are the other two. If you look at the history of religion, music, and art they are connected and each affect one another. They are one. Indeed, you can have a religion without music or be spiritual without it. But, that is just personal preference. For me, however, it is essential to spirituality.

Yes music and religion and God crap are linked.

The link is this.

Man made music

Man made religion

Man made god

What is the link? We are!

There is no God that ever wrote one note in a song or one word in a religion!

There is also no God to validate all these brutal ideas of God!

If God does exist he should be arrested for mass murder and child abuse!

DEATH ROW AWAITS!

Religion without music? Why would we?

• pj

Music frees the soul, makes it happy, and thus, more receptive to listening to the message.

Don't you like the music.

Good question....but...the early monks of Christendom were actually hermits. The Desert Fathers, as they are sometimes called. They spent their lives, totally away from any person, in total isolation, in silence.

Those guys were pretty religious.

But for the most part, I see your point, and I think you are correct.

The Church of Christ does not have "music" but they do have singing.

I agree it is from the soul an outpouring of love & worship for our God.

Yes, I agree. Music is essential in my life.