43 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Would you support a War in Iraq if it made sense??? What if it didn't make sense???

I'm all for having a strong military presence in Iraq. Several times I have advocated build a Permanent base in Basra. With rapid deployment Marines stationed there.

But I strongly oppose having American troops drive around in circles as targets.

Favorite Answer

We had numerous great reasons for going into Iraq, we just had leaders that thought they could go in fast and cheap. We should have leveled the Baathist areas, and then have the troops kill all the survivors. Didn't Ghenghis teach us anything about war in the middle east?

• BUTCH

The liberals give me a giant pain where I set down The are against the war because it is Republican president who is in charge. How come they did not get upset when we were in Bosnia? Why ? Because we had a DEMOCRATIC president who could or would not say no to NATO. What was the difference. Both wars were over a dictator that was killing one sector of his own people. So Bill removed the dictator but like Iraq we are still there. Granted the fighting is over but we will be in Bosnia for years.GW did the same thing He removed a dictator but outside forces are making it hard to leave. As far as targets are concerned they will be targets the moment they return. The snipers will still be there, the bombers Will still be there. Why not do as we should have done. Go into this battle as we always did Shot first then ask questions after . The other way around may kill you//

Source(s): Combat 2 wars

The war in Iraq is a war in name only. Like the war on drugs, or the war on poverty. This is a war on terrorism. It can't be fought like a real war, and it can't be won like a real war.

The "war" does make sense because we're trying to help the Iraqis build a sound government that will not finance and train terrorists who damage us and other nations all over the world.

We are not the enemy. We're the excuse. The real conflict in Iraq is about who will be the next dictator of the nation. The different denominations are trying to get their man in Saddam's place. For every American killed, there are fifty to one hundred Iraqis. They're killing each other for political reasons.

If we pulled out now civil war will be in full bloom the next day. Sunnis from the surrounding nations will send in forces to guarantee Sunni success. The Shiites will do the same. What a big fat mess that will be.

Both factions want us to stay, but they have to make it look like America is the enemy. So the killing goes on.

Source(s): World news

What are we going to do, have a government run by committee? Or by opinion poll? Or just War?

If all the information was made public so the citizens could make an informed decision, that would endanger our country and our servicemen and women immensely. Then you would have the problem of everyone getting all the information and having a lot of it explained to them. We would be explaining everything we do or plan to do to the enemy. In that case, it would never work, the enemy has TV and Internet as well.

It is nothing short of criminal for politicians to use the countries conflicts for the purpose of gaining political advantage.

I still think this war makes sense. Saddam had to be removed. The way in ehich we are fighting the war is a different matter. I support our troops & whatever war they are fighting. Even if the war was a mistake, I still want for us to win.

I oppose having them drive in circles as targets also

We need to do something different, but pulling out is not a good idea

I support any war that makes sense. The war in iraq definetly does NOT make sense

People of a country should stay in there country. There was more order there with a professional dictator(Sadamm) than a amateur dictator disguised as a democratic president

i dont agree with it because all its doing is having american troops sent over there for targets

• Daniel

I have to agree with you. We should be in Iraq, but the management is not efficient.