Bella asked in HealthDental · 1 decade ago

What is the average price for fourteen months of Invisalign treatment in Northern New Jersey?

I’m supposed to begin Invisalign the first week of January. I was quoted a price of $4,800 for fourteen months of treatment and am just wondering if this sounds right. Between college, getting my wisdom teeth removed, Christmas and New Years, I really don’t have time to visit different dentists to compare prices. As well, even if I do go for a “free consultation” from another dentist, chances are he or she will want to do x-rays and possibly take a mold of my mouth to see if I qualify for the procedure, which will not be free. Furthermore, I don’t want to go to another dentist and tell him or her my current dentist has approved me for the treatment, as I want an unbiased quote… not one that simply “beats” the one I’ve been given. Thank you in advance.

Favorite Answer

We are not in the business of beating another dentist's quotes. We set fees based on our own office expenses and so on. I do Invisalign fro less, but I'm half an hour south of Exit 2. If a case was going to take 14 months - which is NOT determined by the dentist, by the way - I think I'd charge about $3,600-4,000, depending on how much IPR was required or how many attachments were needed.

It all depends on where you live and if your school is a Mcdojo or not. But I think the average price would be around $50 a month. For the fellow above, price does not always equal quality of training. A person could be a 6 dan black belt and only charge $35 a month.

If you have any idea where this product is sold in N.J then your best bet is to call up and get the information on price.