Windows xp wont turn off, it just keeps restarting? Any help please?

Im running windows xp, service pack 2. But Ive always had the problem that when ever I use the Start menu / Turn computer off / Turn off option my computer restarts.

Does any one have the same problem? Or even a solution?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

Not all motherboards/power supplies support automatic power offs. I have the same problem with SP2.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

do no longer pay attention 2 every physique else i know a ton approximately computors this consistently happens 2 human beings i know and that they consistently threw there computors out whilst u check out the back of your moniter theres is a cable no longer the skill one it must be blue or gray u choose 2 check out this cord and that's lose or frayed it relatively is frayed i recomend procuring a sparkling one that's the main elementary and basic answer. the blue cable is vga the different a million i forgot the cables are high priced like 30 (adverse quility) 80(terrific) i might get the 80 reason that's the terrific and it final for 10-one hundred years oftentimes one hundred looking on how lots u pass the cord around.If u cant hit upon a grey cable there's a sprint converter that is going on the needed end of the vga cable which makes it into the grey plug.

• 1 decade ago

The problem might be in the "shutdown" service of the Windows. Try re-installing windows (this should not affect any good parts of the system, and you won't lose your files.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zpr

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Check your hard drive,it could be currupted or you have messed up your computer by turning it off and on

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.