What is the best kind of commercial walk behind mower?

Ferris, Snapper, Toro, John Deere, Exmark, Husquarvana.... So many to choose from. Is there one with the best reputation? Which one typically is the cheapest? Thanks

Favorite Answer

I've found that Toro seems to be most popular, because they have the briggs and straton engine in them, which I've found to be most reliable and durable engine out there. Those toros should run about $150+ for a new one.

Source(s): 15 monhts of garden sales of Houston Home Depot's.

I own a landscaping company in South Florida. I currently run John Deere products. They are great but pricey, Exmark, Wright, and Scag are also some great alternatives. The Hydro drives are smoother to operate but more pricey. The belt drives are going to be cheaper. Toro, RedHawk, and Gravely are dependable and usually the least costly(around $2500-$3500).

Personally I love the John Deere but a little pricey, although husky has a great reputation and not as expensive. If price is an issue try craftsman , quality is not as good but warranty is almost unbeatable. Big question is how much do you use it? Remember you get what you pay for.

I loved my Toro's! had one for 14 years- started on the 3rd to 5th pull - no matter what! They had the Kohler Commands on them. I also liked the T- Bar handle, had women (small hands) operate these machines without any problems. I think it really depends on who your dealer is and how fast they can get you parts/service. I always had belt drives, hydro's are more $$, but probably worth it in the long run.

Read up on all of them, visit dealers in your area, test drive a few and go from there.

PS. Look for a brand that stripes VERY well!!

Source(s): 14 years...blah,blah,blah!

I don't know about pricing, but I find John Deere to be the most reputable brand.