Question for the ladies: Are flowers on a first date too melodramatic?

Favorite Answer

no, actually are a good option

answer please

http://ph.answers.yahoo.com/question/ind...

NO! I think it would be a very sweet gesture and OLD FAshioned in a quaint way! I would have loved getting flowers on a first date, but didn't happen unless it was an anniversary or something like that!

I'd say find out a girl's favorite flower and buy a bunch!

NO. Flowers are sweet, charming, and they say you are old fashioned. But beware of 1. girls who think flowers on a first date are melodramatic (skanks), and 2.girls who expect flowers all the time (money grubbers).

It is coming across as pretty strong...if you're taking her out to a fancy dinner and spending a lot of money on the date, then flowers are perfectly appropriate. If you're going to the movies, it may be too much, too soon.

Also, a practical note: if you buy her flowers, she has to carry them around the entire date. Consider giving them to her at her home, so she can put them in a vase, and then go out on the date.

No girls love flowers not only on the first date but on the other dates too. Just don't bring her flowers on every single date then she will get sick of you being so predictable and will move on.

It wouldn't be melodramatic but I don't suggest getting something for a girl for first date because she might think something is up if you don't get her a gift on your next date.

I think flowers on a first date is really romantic.

flowers r never too melodramatic.. there are flowers for every single occasion.. i would love to receive flowers on my every date! hehehehe

Source(s): too bad, the first bouquet of flowers given to me by my now-husband was our wedding bouquet! t

No I think its very thoughtful. Its the thought that counts :-D ! I love it when a guy gives flowers on the first date its so sexy. LOl.

ADDITIONAL QUESTION - Sorry Stew! call me a question parasite if you like.

At how big a boquet does romantic end and just plain creepy begin? Would you rather get maybe one really nice rose than a small boquet of lesser flowers?

no. but if ur worried about being melodramatic dont get roses, maybe try one or two star lilies and some babies breath.

good luck on ur date :-)