Has Bush gambled the reputation of his presidency on success in Iraq? Could this be why?

he's reluctant to change course?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes Bush failed his own standard for using force.I his convention speech in 2000 he said"When America uses force,the goal must be clear,the cause must be just and the victory must be overwhelming".I'd say he scores 0 out of three but even the biggest Bush supporter can't say he has a three out of three with a straight face.

• 1 decade ago

I don't think he considers his reputation so much as convincing everyone that he's right. He's hesitant to change course because he and his buddies are profiting from this war--even at the expense of innocent lives and dead American troops. Not only that, but changing the course would be admitting that he was WRONG.

It's kinda like dealing with a stubborn 6 year old. What's the best way to deal with a stubborn, spoiled, bratty 6 year old? You take away what's dear to him. In Bush's case--it's the money that's funding this war (and paying his buddies, the contractors) and HIS JOB!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

What success in Iraq? He has gambled his reputation of his presidency and his country if you count the opinions of the international community. And he is lost. He and his family have alterior motives and businesses/companies that are benifiting with the rape of another country and the death of thousands of people.

• 1 decade ago

Bush will be treated like LBJ was in the course of history. A president with lofty goals who accomplished little.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Enigma
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

thats it in a nutshell

he knows he has gone too far to back track now

there will be no damage control on his reputation

it's beyond repair and he will go down as the president

that was the most corrupt and the most corrupt administration

of all time

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ask his press secretary,and then opt for the opposite

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

But he's never been stay the course.. or has he!?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe

But we better not leave pre-emptively. Unless you want terrorists to have nukes

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.