Olds Alero Door Locks?

hi there

i have an 00 olds alero and i have some power door lock problems. when i hit the lock button on either my fob or the one on the door, 3 of my 4 doors lock, but my passenger side door does not. i have to manually lock and unlock it. what could be wrong?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sound like the actuators bad, if you can unlock and lock the door manually the linkage is intact.

Here is the procedure to replace it.

Door Lock Actuator Replacement

Removal Procedure

Remove the door trim panel from the door..

Remove the manual lock link rod.

Remove the inside door handle link rod.

Remove the outside door handle link rod.

Remove the door lock actuator retaining bolts. (Torx)T- 30

Remove the actuator from the door.

Installation Procedure

Install the door lock actuator to the door.

Notice: Use the correct fastener in the correct location. Replacement fasteners must be the correct part number for that application. Fasteners requiring replacement or fasteners requiring the use of thread locking compound or sealant are identified in the service procedure. Do not use paints, lubricants, or corrosion inhibitors on fasteners or fastener joint surfaces unless specified. These coatings affect fastener torque and joint clamping force and may damage the fastener. Use the correct tightening sequence and specifications when installing fasteners in order to avoid damage to parts and systems.

Install the actuator bolts.

Tighten

Tighten the bolts to 7 N·m (60 lb in).

re-install outer door handle linkage

re-install inner handle linkage

re-install manual lock rod

Install the door trim panel.

I would avoid using used parts because GM changed that part because of problems...Hate to see you put the same problematic part in just to have to do it all over again.

I have attached a link to order the part online (updated part)

MSRP $102.00 (dealership)

Online with shipping included $73.80

https://secure.gmpartsdirect.com/secure/checkout.c...

Source(s): GM World Class Technician - Body and Service ASE Master Technician 15 years GM experiance
  • 1 decade ago

i own a repair shop,and you,ll have to remove the door panel to repair this,,the rod that connects to the lock from the actuator has came of of it,,these just have a small clip that hold them on,,its easy to put back on though,,and if you put it back on and it still don't work,,you probably have a bad actuator for it you can get a new one or a good used one from a junk yard for it,,either one will be fine,,but that's what its going to take to repair it,,good luck with it,i hope this help,s,,have a good x-mas.

Source(s): been a certified mechanic for 36 yrs.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

i imagine to procure a short on your revealed circuit board,if so then only take it out and bypass to a junk backyard and put in a sparkling a million.they are not troublesome to regulate,they in elementary words have screws in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.