trouble with wireless networks, how do I get rid of a network?

to make a long story short, i did the comcast internet self install. I bought a Linksys router and was online (modem to labtop) and was trying to set up the router and a network but was having problems. I called Linksys and the woman walked me through to try and get a network to work. We made a network called 'Bill' to test it out but had no luck. The conclusion was the router was problematic and to get a new one.

I got a new Ativa router, set up a new network (not 'Bill') and it works great, however my labtop still wants to connect to the 'Bill' network. How is this network still even there if I made it on the Linksys router and that router is now returned to the store I got it.

My labtop is prioritizing networks to connect to. First is 'Bill' which has no connectivity, then my new network which works great. How do I get rid of the 'Bill' network?

Favorite Answer

You need to refresh network lists and connect to the network you want to use and change the order of preferred networks and remove bill under preferred networks