Why is it so hard to get a US Visa when any US Citizen can easily get into any Country it wants?

I think the questions speaks for itself.

Favorite Answer

well that's not true. although it is true that US citizens often have a much easier time to get into other countries than foreigners have getting into the US because -

- more people want to come here than say visit say, Rwanda. Thus more selective process for entering. Simply numbers

- coming from rich countries is easier because they know that an Italian is not going to visit China to take a job as a manual laborer. The same can not be said for the reverse.

- and then security. US and others have serious security concerns that some other governments do not.

Remember that sometimes countries don't want their people moving to countries like the US either. "Brain drain" is very serious problem for place like China, and they don't want all their educated people to move away to get better salaries

Well, you are comparing a Visa to a Passport. It's not exactly like I stop at the local braurei here in Germany and order a Visa along with my Hefeweisen. Also, when was the last time you looked at the immigration figures for Europe? At the current rate, indigenous Europeans will be a minority in the middle of this century. That hardly seems to me an indicator of difficulty in immigrating to Europe, but it does represent a large problem. Heh, got distracted by my tea and submitted half an answer. Likewise, immigration from other countries into the US is extremely high. However, in an attempt to preserve quality of life, the government attempts to limit immigration into the US. It's a case of demand exceeding supply. At some point a developed country needs to limit immigration because of the appeal that country has to those from less privileged parts of the world. OK, there you have it =)

Sometimes it's good to be the super power. You let our people in or Uncle Sam slaps you around, then you let us in.

No seriously, the above was meant as a joke, but it's the truth none the less. We trade with just about every nation on the planet. Our money (until recently) was the unofficial currency of the planet next to gold. English has become the language of trade. If we have a problem in Turkey, the officials will probably be more willing to listen (if just to get rid of us) than a tourist from Bolivia. I remember as a boy in Egypt the vender's calling out "One American-dollah". We're often called dirty Americans and have probably earned the title.

These days, do you really want to get a Visa into a country that's doing as badly, that is frowned upon by the rest of the world, that's doing everything in its power to keep the working class down, that's killing innocent people behind oil profits, that has a more messed up economy and still in spite of all of that, attempts to think that it is still the super power that it once was?

If your answer is still yes, heck you can have my citizenship. I think about renouncing it almost every day.

The U.S has some of the "highest" security if ot the highest for entering the country. and for immigration documents it is difficult because of the massive amounts of requests it gets. whereas other countries don have as high demand.

My first thought is there is greater chance of someone coming to the U.S. and not going home than there is for someone leaving the U.S to visit another country and not returning home.

Because American are white. The blacks in America are still slaves only they have accepted their roles. Americans are wrapping their fingers around the rest of the world and no one seems to notice. We need something to happen that will stop them something like a RECONQUISTIA .

There is not thirty million people a month trying to get into Sweden, but there is America, that is why.

I want to go to Cuba (other than Guantanimo Bay) and North Korea. I can't get a visa.

Cause we usually leave the country.