What do you know about resistive touch screens ?

I have an English project which also includes a presentation so I have to write about resistive touch screen but the type of info I need is not very technical it should be simple English

Favorite Answer

A resistive touch screen panel is coated with a thin metallic electrically conductive and resistive layer that causes a change in the electrical current which is registered as a touch event and sent to the controller for processing.

Some resistive panels can estimate the area (and hence the pressure) of a touch based on calculations from the resistances.

Resistive touch screen panels are generally more affordable but offer only 75% clarity (premium films and glass finishes allow transmissivity to approach 85%) and the layer can be damaged by sharp objects. Resistive touch screen panels are not affected by outside elements such as dust or water and are the type most commonly used today.