Can Cracker Barrel enforce the 1-month expiration date on their Golden Ticket free meal certificate?

I know most states don't allow gift certificates to expire in that short of period of time. Here in Massachusetts there is a 7 year window. I'm just wondering if this "Golden Ticket" isn't considered a gift certificate or if they have some sort of loophole they are getting around.

Favorite Answer

Wouldn't it be considered a coupon, and not a gift certificate? I think so, and then those laws don't apply.

• msuzyq

They will usually take it, if it is still within a reasonable amount of time. I'd ask first to make sure.

I used to be a retail manager for them, you can't use it for merchandise in the gift shop.

Did you purchase the meal ticket or was if given to you free?

I find the Cracker Barrel to have the worst food of any big chain restaurant.

A contract is a contract. When ever it was purchased or given away that was the deal. Nothing you can do.

if it was given free they it can expire but if it was purchased it has a longer time span before it expires.

They might honor it but i would ask if you can use it for the gift shop because their food is horrible and might make you sick for the holidays!!!

If it is stated in writing, then they can enforce it.

• jerry

yes they can