Can Cracker Barrel enforce the 1-month expiration date on their Golden Ticket free meal certificate?

Update:

I know most states don't allow gift certificates to expire in that short of period of time. Here in Massachusetts there is a 7 year window. I'm just wondering if this "Golden Ticket" isn't considered a gift certificate or if they have some sort of loophole they are getting around.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wouldn't it be considered a coupon, and not a gift certificate? I think so, and then those laws don't apply.

• msuzyq
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They will usually take it, if it is still within a reasonable amount of time. I'd ask first to make sure.

I used to be a retail manager for them, you can't use it for merchandise in the gift shop.

• 1 decade ago

Did you purchase the meal ticket or was if given to you free?

I find the Cracker Barrel to have the worst food of any big chain restaurant.

• 1 decade ago

A contract is a contract. When ever it was purchased or given away that was the deal. Nothing you can do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if it was given free they it can expire but if it was purchased it has a longer time span before it expires.

• 1 decade ago

They might honor it but i would ask if you can use it for the gift shop because their food is horrible and might make you sick for the holidays!!!

• 1 decade ago

If it is stated in writing, then they can enforce it.

• jerry
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

yes they can

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.