how can you get someone audited??


Ok it's like this... ex wife claims less then she makes... she owns 2 business, she is taking us for 1700.00 a month we can't afford this, but they think we can!!!

6 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you suspect or know of an individual or company that is not complying with the tax laws, you may report this activity by completing Form 3949-A. You may fill out Form 3949-A online, print it and mail it to:

    Internal Revenue Service

    Fresno, CA 93888

    If you do not wish to use Form 3949-A, you may send a letter to the address above. Please include the following information, if available:

    Name and address of the person you are reporting

    The taxpayer identification number (social security number for an individual or employer identification number for a business)

    A brief description of the alleged violation, including how you became aware of or obtained the information

    The years involved

    The estimated dollar amount of any unreported income

    Your name, address and daytime telephone number

    Although you are not required to identify yourself, it is helpful to do so. Your identity can be kept confidential. You may also be entitled to a reward.

  • 1 decade ago

    IRS has the same bias as all arms of the government- that if a family member or related individual is reporting an IRS tax violation, it is 99% unreliable info. You might even have copies of her bank statements, a long paper trail of hiding assets, but still, they discount your evidence SOLELY on your need to report them. They assume it's for revenge.

    Revenge might be a motivator to report someone- but it's hardly a motivation to lie to law enforcement (risk jail) or conjure up phony documents & risk jail time for forgery.

    You're very best way to actually have this investigated is to have a 3rd party do it. someone from the other businesses, a vendor or customer. Let them claim the 10% reward from IRS.

    Or do it anonymous.

  • 1 decade ago

    Tommyfour's advice is correct. A significant percentage of the IRS's criminal division fraud cases come from tips from ex-spouses. They have intimate knowledge of their ex-spouses' finances and are in a unique position to rat them out. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but in this case the ex-husband can take his turn.

  • 1 decade ago

    Why would you want to get someone audited?

    There is nothing funny about dealing with the IRS.

    I would be suspicioius of anyone who wanted to get someone audited? Maybe just because you don't like them or are mad at them.

    never fool with the IRS. Pay your taxes.

    The IRS can ruin your life if you don't pay.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    File the forms, but don't forget that you still have to go to court to get your support payments changed.

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    do their taxes and mess with their adjustable income,and double it and you will see the IRS start to ask questions!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.