learning to crochet- any recommended sites?

I'm trying to teach myself to crochet, but I can't seem to find any useful sites. does anyone have any ones they recommend?

Favorite Answer

This is not a web site answer, but I just got the best book from my Mom over the holiday weekend. It is called "Kids can do it- Crochet." It is very basic WELL illustrated and even has a few patterns. The patterns, ideas, and info is really neat! And no I am not a kid - I am 35 and just trying Crochet and Knitting as a winter activity. I got the same "Kids can" book for knitting and have already knitted a hat!!!! Good luck! Oh and the books were only $6 at JoAnnes!

Raquel

Source(s): Kids can do it- Crochet Kids can do it- Knitting

Try www.anniesattic.com This website has li'l videos to help you. Also, you are welcome to EMail me on this. Keept things simple at first, learn some basics. You don't need to buy expensive (or a lot) of supplies at first - check with Ebay for a bargain until you're comfortable with it all

Jan Lascko - The Yarnival

You can join the http://www.crochetville.org/forum/

you will find anything you ever wanted to know about crochet there and they all are willing to help men,women alike they are just the greatest bunch!