Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

Can breast soreness fluctuate from day to day in the first couple weeks of pregnancy?

They aren't as sore today as yesterday. This isn't a bad sign is it?

I just found out on Thursday I'm pregnant.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Yup...definitely..and it's different from woman to woman as well. Some may only experience it on one breast and not the other. Some may have the soreness just for a few hours or minutes a day. Sometimes no soreness for a couple of days or a few weeks then it comes again..so don't worry...your body knows what it's doing.

Congratulations....

• 1 decade ago

No its not a bad sign that your breast hurt i have been pregnant three times and everytime i have had the same problem...you cant hardly wear a bra....sometimes bcause it hurt. You are not done yet....there are other problems that you may have just to give you the heads up....

Here are a few things you should know:

1. Belly and Breast Discomfort

What causes it: You may feel as though your baby is growing too big for your body to hold. You probably feel heaviness, pressure, or a pulling sensation in your lower abdomen; your belly button may feel tender and sore; you're likely to feel the most uncomfortable while upright. The most noticeable breast change you may experience now is the production of colostrum, your first milk, which may be sticky and yellow at first, then watery and whitish as you get closer to your due date.

What you can do: To relieve belly pain, use the pads of your fingers to massage your abdomen in a circular pattern. Apply a cold or warm compress to soothe a sore belly button. If you leak colostrum frequently, wear nursing pads inside your bra. Be sure to wear a comfortable, supportive bra. You might need to get new bras several times during pregnancy as your size changes.

Reviewed 11/02 by Elizabeth Stein, CNM

The information on this Web site is designed for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. You should not use this information to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting your pediatrician or family doctor. Please consult a doctor with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your or your child's condition.

2. Pregnancy Pain & Precautions

5 Red Flags

A lot of pregnant women assume that backaches are simply part of the nine-month program. Soreness might be. Extreme pain is not. Call your doctor if you experience any of the following:

Your pain is severe.

Normal pain relievers don't alleviate the symptoms.

You lose feeling in your groin.

The pain spreads to beneath your ribs. (It could be a kidney infection.)

You have back pain that is accompanied by fever or spotting.

4 Activities to Avoid

Not sure if standing in stilettos will have you grimacing in pain? (Tip: It will.) Here's a handy list of what to skip if your back is aching:

Wearing high heels -- anything more than 1 to 1 1/2 inches can cause pain. High heels dramatically shift your center of gravity forward, causing undue strain on back muscles.

Lifting heavy objects -- about 15 pounds is the max. Your muscles are more relaxed during pregnancy, so you put yourself at an increased risk of straining them by lifting.

Slouching. Poor posture puts added strain on back muscles.

Testing out a new fitness program. Pregnancy is not a time to experiment with your body. This may result in potential injury

Source(s): www.americanbaby.com
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Yes, particularly if you poke at them some days more than others.

Though miscarriages are not rare, honestly it is best not to even think about it. There is nothing that can be done to prevent it or stop them once they have started. Also most miscarriages are because the fetus has genetic defects which prevent life, nothing to do with you.

So please, just relax. Eat well and get enough sleep and you will be fine!

• 1 decade ago

hi and yes your breastr can get sore day to day i found that putting a hot towel around my breast helped alot also wearing loose shirts that dont really rub against u helps to and a very good support bra so things dont go south if u know what i mean hot bath

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No not a bad sign at all. Some days they can be sorer than others and some days not sore at all. Everyone is different.

• 1 decade ago

yes it can...as a matter of fact I never suffered with my first three (all boys) but it was tremendous with the last one (daughter). It can be just like morning sickness some days you have it others you don't. Congrats!!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.