Can anyone give me an idea what to buy a 17 year old boy for christmas?

Favorite Answer

Depending on how much you wish to spend, if money is no object, an ipod or an mp3 seems to be a hit, otherwise a gift certificate for his favorite clothing store would be perfect, since clothes is a very personal thing, they can purchase what they like.

You need to give me more info about the boy.... does he like sports, movies, concerts, clothes? In general a gift for a 17 yr old.. usually oone of those electronic game consoles like xbox 360, play station 3, or the new nintendo wii thing that you can use w. the nintendo consoles. games for his currentone, they always like cars, or something for his car.

I'm having the same trouble, if he has an ipod, get him an ipod case or ipod speakers, gift cards and money might work too. Movies, music, stuff like that. Try getting him maby a season of the Simpsons or Family Guy.

Video games or a nice music entertainment piece of his liking come to mind.

they always want electronics if you're their parent.

iPod, cell phone, Wii, PS3, XBOX 360.

but if you're just a relative I'd go with something simple like lounge pants.

or a best buy gift card.

Source(s): my brother's 17.

You can find out what kind of music he likes or who is his favourite actor and buy a cd or a dvd.

maybe a good CD suitable for the boy's musical preferences.

• cami

get him a gift certificate to his favorite clothing store or game store. at that age he would probably enjoy picking out his own gifts.

• yusdz

The best thing is try to relate to his preferences, personal interests or hobbies...

If he doesn't already have one, then I'd go for an Ipod.

Possibly a gas card...they're always good for teens.