What will the long-term consequences of the Iranian government's denial of the Holocaust be?

Thoughtful answers encouraged- this is a serious question. I read the news today and a chill went down my spine.

I guess I was looking for more long term. Iran's influence in the mid-east is growing, and the statements being made are synergistic with hateful emotional undercurrents already rampant. I am wondering what the ripple effect will be, not just Iran's future.

Favorite Answer

I think it is an extremely dangerous tendency. It will give legitimacy, among the uneducated in the Middle East and elsewhere, to unreasoning anti-Jewish sentiment.

Hitler had an ally in Palestine, the Grand Mufti, Haj Muhammed Amin al-Husseini in Jerusalem. He was regarded by many Arabs as a hoodlum, but gained power 1922, and was determined to drive all Jews out of Palestine. He joined in Hitler's plan to wipe all Jews off the face of the earth. http://www.palestinefacts.org/pf_mandate_grand_muf...

The current leader of Iran has vowed to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

After WWII, the world was so shocked at the Nazi genocide against Jews and others, they vowed never to let it happen again. Genocides have happened since then, and the logical progression may lead to another genocide against Jews, among others.

• oriol

The equal rationale that each person else will get mad while an extra has an opinion that makes them indignant. Ego. I feel the holocaust occurred. Sure, might be it wasnt 6 million jews, might be it was once four million, or two million, that's arbitrary. Someone claiming some of the sensative components of a tradition's contemporary historical past is each denying the viscious and merciless plight such a lot of jews and NON JEWS needed to cross via, as good as calling all of them liars on that truth. Understandably, that's particularly angering.

• Ivan

The long-term consequences is that Iran will keep being a backwards, middle aged country, dominated by religious fanatics.

Hopefully, the internet will ensure enough free flow of information to educate the country otherwise.

Lets see , A country that hates the Jews says the holocaust didn't happen .I don't see why we care what the Iranians say about it . They have sound bites in Iran too . A person who says the Germans didn't systematically round up Jews and murder them probably doesn't believe the Earth is round either

Good propaganda worked for every other nation. It might as well work for Iran. They need to make some changes to their propaganda strategies. I personally neither accept nor deny Holocaust. I do not believe any thing political any more.

they will teach their children lies and probably repeat history like animals do