Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Nia Vardalos.My big greek fat wedding?

I”ve watched it...Yeah!!!!And I have to confess that it’s racial towards us....(Greeks)I am sorry lady but you have some extra pounds to lose....not us...She called greeks fat boobies and gasbags .I don’t know how much money she was paid for this rubbish. However after this disgracing movie she still keeps being proud of her greek origin..In my personal opinion she burried us...Anyone having another aspect is welcome..

Marlin Darlin:If these characters in the movie were our true represantatives we could partially enjoy it...I don't know if Greek-Americans act this way but Greek-Greeks don't.....This movie is based on the inhibitions she had for her family...

• Arts
    Favorite Answer

At least you're not from Kazakhstan

Lighten up!!! as a non-Greek, I can assure you it was charming and did NOT cast a negative light on Greeks. It was a diary of HER true life experienc and HER family. Hello! HOW does ONE movie about a sweet love story between a Greek girl, a NON-Greek guy and her wonderful loving family "bury" the ENTIRE world community if Greeks and their pricelss contributions to the world we live in? Furthermore, the word "Fat" in this movie title is NOT refrring to any persons body type. If you are fat and offended...then you need to realize.."it's not all about you. I loved the movie, the characters and found her big fat wonderful, loving family incredibly beautiful ...with all their faults, they were STILL beautiful. I think you missed the point...I think you are being a little sensitive. Come down here on the Gulf Coast-we LOVE Greeks here and don't think they are gasbags...I don't rememeber THAT in the movie and I bet no one else deoes either. I think that movie did alot to PROMOTE Greeks and Greek-American culture, THAT is why she is so loved!

Sorry I read all of the other post and I agree with them I did not think it was negative against the greek people I thought it was a funny movie the Farther walking around with windex spraying it on every thing and at the end her husband also gets a zit but he used windex to get rid of it funny.

I watched it a couple of times. I don't think that she was trying to be disrespectful towards all Greeks. I think it was suppose to be a comedy based on what she observed about her family.

Uh... if a movie like that ruins the reputation of an entire nation of people, you were messed up long before she came along.

I think it was more of a silly thing...

I'm sure she did not mean to offend

My heritage does NOT have a

nice reputation at all... but I am

still Proud of who I am and not

how people label me as...xxxooo