Is there anyway I can find all the information I need on a person?

Informtion like birth certificates, marriage certificates or criminal records. Criminal records that are open to the public. Is there a way I can do this for free?

7 Answers

  • Favorite Answer

    I don't know what state you are in but in Wisconsin we can go to wisconsin circuit court access online ( and look up anyone for any law violation for free, but birth certificates usually cost money on a detective type website or you can hire a personal investigator to do all this for you, but that's obviously not going to be free either. Marriage certificates are usually classified under legal stuff, so you can usually find that for free in the same place as criminal records. I would try to go to yahoo and type in '(your state) + circuit court access'. If that doesn't work then search something similar like 'criminal background check in (your state)for free'. Just out of curiousity; why do you need to look all this up on someone?

  • Anonymous
    6 years ago

    I've been doing background checks and records searches online for years, as it is part of my business. I am a former detective, and currently a professional private investigator by trade. What I can tell you is this: You cannot obtain these records for free. You simply cannot. For every service provided online, there is typically either a one time cost, or a fee you pay every single month. Some services are better than others.

    Some more expensive, some less. In my line of work, I am signed up for a service where I am billed monthly. However, if you are just the average person needing information on a particular person or property, I would suggest ... For a one time fee, they are by far the best, cheapest, and most thorough service available. If you are strictly in business like myself, and don't mind being billed automatically every single month, I would recommend E-Verify or Inteligator.

    Source(s): Private Investigator
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    Access to birth certificates and marriage certificates can't be done for free. Criminal records also require paying a small 'research' fee in some areas.

    However, with a little creativity you can find all that stuff online. Google their name, look up their name in various telephone and address databases, etc. After a while you will likely find most of the information that would be contained in any of those records.

  • 1 decade ago

    Records of a person are all contained in the birth, marriage and criminal records of a person in cencerned government offices. However, all verifications need to be paid for by the requesting person. Anyway, the fees are just minimal.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

    I would ask the person. They may have that information in the house filed away somewhere. If they don't you would have to request it from the state you are in. This always costs money.

  • 1 decade ago

    Interview the person?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.