fer v asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Phoenix 161 - New Jersey 157 F/20T - Highest scoring game in NBA history?

Favorite Answer

I'm afraid not. December 13, 1983 the Nuggets vs. Pistons in triple overtime. Score at the end was 186-184 Pistons won it. Six Pistons scored in double-figures: Isiah Thomas (47), John Long (41), Kelly Tripucka (35), Terry Tyler (18), Bill Laimbeer (17), and Vinnie Johnson (12) and six Nuggets reached double-figures: Kiki Vandeweghe (51), Alex English (47), Dan Issel (28), Mike Evans (16), Richard Anderson (13), and Danny Schayes (11). Its too bad Isiah isn't a winner when it comes to managing teams.

Hi,

The highest scoring game in NBA history was a triple overtime run and gun contest between the Denver Nuggets and the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons won the game 186-184. Amazingly, the score was tied at 145 at the end of regulation time. Four different players scored at least 40 points in that game including Kiki Vandeweghe who had 51, John Long who had 41 and a pair of Hall of Famers, Isiah Thomas and Alex English who each had 47.

I believe it's ranked 4th highest of all time. Highest amount of points New Jersey has ever scored and given up though. I really wanted to see that game go into triple OT!

• jh361

no, but it was a heluva game though. who would've thought that the nets would keep up like that?

I'm afraid The Criminal got this one right.

• smitty

NOT BY A LONG SHOT