Where or where are the Puerto Rican pasteles???

I live in Atwater California, up in the Central Valley near Merced, and was wondering if there is anyone in the business of making pork, chicken and rice Puerto Rican pasteles that ships them in California?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

Check out eBay because I entered Pasteles and found some auctions that will take your order and mail them to you direct frozen.

• Andrea
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Use the recipes for the masa,but the filling can be a lot of things. Always has pork,onion and achiote,but the possibilities are endless after that.Ask your husband what his mother or grandmother used to use as filling,and that will probably be his favorite. I have had pasteles with potato pieces and even corn in the filling,so I guess it's a choice,just like what kind of toppings people like on pizza.

• 1 decade ago

You might be able to get what you want at some Cuban restaurants

and bakery. I know of one in Glendale you might want to check out Cuban Bakeries in San Francisco. It is interestig some of the Cuban places will sell Puerto Rican pasteles.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i lived in puerto rico for 10 years 70 to 1980 and when i returned to calif i really miss the food,so now i go back to pr once a year the LA STREET FAIR IS GOOD FOR PR FOOD

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

closest thing here is a mexican bakery. yum.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.