What kind of socks or shoes will keep my feet real warm at work?

I work in an office by a back door. The cold air just rolls across the floor and makes my feet soooo cold. Any ideas on how to keep them warm?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Defitnitely wool socks over a comfy pair of socks so that your feet don't itch.

• 1 decade ago

A small radiant heater is best if you can plug one in. Heated socks (hunters wear them - sporting goods stores have them) are ok. For non-electrical solutions, nothing beats wool. REI has excellent mid-weight wool socks. They are thicker than dress socks, so you'll need space in your shoes. Of course you can go with snow boots or other insulated boots, but then you are fashion challenged.

• 1 decade ago

Cotton socks absorb moisture, you should wear a synthetic type of sock like wool. You want to keep moisture off of your feet. I used to work at a airport on the ramp and I would wear wool socks to keep my feet toasty.

• 1 decade ago

Bed Bath & Beyond sells a product for about a dollar that heats up quickly when exposed to air for a few minutes. You can wear your regular socks and shoes. I think it's called Toasty Toes? Anyway, it's pocket-sized and they make them for inside your gloves, too. They're also perfect for sitting outside at a game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Carhart makes thermal socks guaranteed to below zero temps and they are quite effective and are worn by most crews workiing outside in sub zero conditions.

• 3 years ago

nicely, in case you do no longer placed on socks with them your ft and the footwear might start to sniff slightly so i might placed on socks if I have been you...i does not say thick socks yet i assume any socks might do! wish I helped! :)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.