Does one usually need a high school diploma to drive a tanker truck hauling gasoline for a petrol supplier?

I have a friend who never finished high school who is out of work. The guy could use a boost. Anyway, another guy I know told me he heard a local petroleum refinery will be hiring tanker truck drivers like gang busters over the next year and a half. I don't think my pal has got the energy or the intererst... show more I have a friend who never finished high school who is out of work. The guy could use a boost. Anyway, another guy I know told me he heard a local petroleum refinery will be hiring tanker truck drivers like gang busters over the next year and a half. I don't think my pal has got the energy or the intererst anymore to go back and get his GED, so I was wondering if most trucking companies dealing in the delivery of gasoline and highly combustable liquids require their drivers to have at least a GED.