What is contractual allowance and value in medical term?

I cannot seem to find it in my book because it is not friendly but it suppose to be on my test and I do not have a medcal book (no money for one right now).I am taking up medical billing and coding.

Favorite Answer

Contractual allowance is the agreed amount in which the insurance company will pay as opposed to what the facility/doctor will charge.

Also, say a hospital charges $50 for something, the insurance contracted allowable would be, say, $40, so the contractual adjustment would be $10, essentially the hospital would be writing off the $10. The allowance is usually a percentage of each code.

Taking a coding class with no book may not be the best idea.. Can you study w/someone who has a book?

• earls

Contractual Allowance

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): contractual allowance medical term: https://biturl.im/hTZuS