what is a mission statement?

Favorite Answer

To hear a short message, please double-click on the audio control:

Mission Statement Rationale

Have you ever thought about what a professional difference it would make to your business, and / or your team, and / or your website, from a perception, a success, and a sales standpoint, if you had a Mission Statement to guide you?

Another way of looking at Mission Statements is that they are part two of a two-part description of the overall business intent. Vision Statements, part one, describe the future: where you are going or where you want to go. While Mission Statements, part two, describe today: why you exist today and / or what you are doing to pursue your vision of the future. Together they provide direction for the business by focusing your attention on doing things day-to-day to accomplish your mission, while taking steps to pursue your vision of the future - your long-term business intent.

Note: From a chronological standpoint the Mission Statement is usually created first - out of need. The Vision Statement will usually be formulated after the business has progressed to the point that it's viable and profitable. However, from a Business Planning or Business Model perspective the Vision Statement is usually listed first.

Without Mission Statements organizations will flounder and pull in different directions. Employees must be clear about business intent if you want a team that's focused on the priorities.

Our Mission Statements Formulation Package contains several example Mission Statements, is easily customizable in almost any word processing software, and most of all, there is no waiting! This Mission Statements Formulation Package is available via download... and you could be printing and publishing one in a matter of minutes.

Some of the positives that can result from establishing a Mission Statement are:

Greatly improved business focus

Everyone has the same corporate / organizational image - no misunderstandings

Enhances the professional perception of your business

Fosters a team oriented environment

Enhances employee morale

Helps attract and retain the best people

Corporate / Organizational Mission Statements are mandatory, from a sound business practice perspective, to inform employees, customers, and business associates of who you are and what you do. Our Mission Statements Formulation Package and set of examples is easily adaptable to literally any business type, and if you'd like some personal customization, i.e., your logo, your company name, you want us to prepare your custom Mission Statement from scratch, etc. please see the custom service that we provide for this item... Mission Statement Service, and we'll get back to you, OTHERWISE, continue on...

Note:

Many of our visitors who want the Mission Statement Package come back to get the Vision Statement Package too, and vice versa. If you think you are that type of customer... we have a Mission/Vision Combo package where you can get them both at an overall substantial reduction in cost.

Depending on your needs, you might want to take-a-look at our Business Model Bundle which contains a bundle of Business Planning necessities, including this item. It will enable you to broaden your Business Planning thought process, and lessen the elapsed time for you to get your Business Model, which includes a Mission Statement, done.

Otherwise, to enable the above mentioned positive aspects for your business, there's no reason not to purchase this Mission Statements Formulation Package today, and get the solution to enable the quick creation of your business Mission Statement.

Mission Statement Formulation Package

Price: $ 14.95

Credit Card Merchant Services

If you haven't purchased our Mission Statement Formulation Package yet, and you've read this far, maybe trying to get your Mission Statement completed by starting with a template is an intimidating task, or you are too busy fighting fires, or you just don't like doing that sort of thing, or whatever.

This is your opportunity to have us create a custom one for you.

Take-a-look at our service to provide this custom item... we think that you will be pleasantly surprised at how reasonable our fee is to professionally prepare your Mission Statement for you... Mission Statement Service.

Note: Last but not least... if you can't afford to pay... don't want to pay... or are just plain skeptical... you can get the Mission Statement Formulation Package here for FREE together with a Monster Bonus Package via our Tell-a-Friend referral program.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put YOUR Banner Here... Right Now... Click to Find Out How...

Current Business Practice Buzz from the Web...

Britain's Turner Prize Goes to Abstract Painter Tomma Abts (Bloomberg.com)

Dec. 4 (Bloomberg) -- The annual Turner Prize was awarded to German painter Tomma Abts at a ceremony in London's Tate Britain. Sporting a top hat, Yoko Ono, artist and widow of John Lennon, presented the award.

Still entrepreneurial (Salina Journal)

Entrepreneurs don't write mission statements. Or vision statements, value statements or belief statements. The entrepreneur keeps all that stuff in "wetware," or in his head.

Software helps manage and support safety committees. (ThomasNet)

With pre-loaded tools and information for maintaining safety committee, Keller-Soft® Safety Committee Customizer includes templates for creating mission statements, agendas, meeting checklists, and minutes. Product provides ideas for safety meetings and health incentive programs, training overviews, ROI information, and best-practices documents. Documents can be printed, saved, edited, or

Call of the wild (Greater Milwaukee Today)

TOWN OF OTTAWA - After more than 10 years in an old farmhouse off Highway C, the Wildlife in Need center is considering a move to Lake Country.

Banking and Marketing (In Business Las Vegas)

When small-business owners are setting up shop, they often spend lavishly on advertising. But advertising a business is pointless unless and until the owner has a plan and knows the company's customers and its goals.

Source(s): gallagher

A mission statement is something that tell what you are going to say in a report or what you are going to do.

I am here to get this right, then I get to go home. A long time ago I thought that love was something that you reserved for some special set of people that you had judged worthy of it. After a while I got to thinking about what Jesus had said about turning the other cheek and loving our neighbor I put the two together and realized that he had made no exceptions in these statements. It became obvious to me that he intended that we exclude no one from the love that we are supposed to be giving. I started thinking about my idea of love and suddenly realized that I had not been loving anyone at all. I had simply been judging everyone and every thing. Judging someone worthy of love is not love, it is only judgment. I actually started to cry when I realized this. I saw just how much of my life I had wasted being judgmental, thinking of myself as a Christian, when I was actually doing just the opposite of what Jesus had asked us to do. I thought about the verse judge not lest ye be judged, and I understood it for the first time. I realized that I have a lot of catching up to do. So many opportunities were wasted. I now try to apply the love that I have for the world in a universal way like Jesus asks us to do. If I start to feel afraid and think that I see someone that I should not love because of something I have thought or heard I try to catch my mistake as soon as possible. I tell myself that I have forgot the truth and have fallen for the same old trick that had cost me so many opportunities to be loving in the past. The horror of this realization is often all that is necessary to bring me back to my senses and make me drop the judgmental nonsense I was thinking. I still have a lot to learn about love, but at least I’m making progress. Love and blessings Your brother Don

A clear and concise statement of the Mission or purpose of your business

A mission statement states your objectives and goals as a company and what they do to obtain those goals.

It is a statement that puts the values and goals of a company into writing and they then use that to brain wash their employees into doing those things.

Amission statement is a policy that is generated within a company which states their goals and future achievements or provisions. Companies use it for job coaching for employees

Err your question is a little bit vague...

But I know at my school they have one.

It is basically a statement (a document or paragraph etc) that says what you are planning to do/aim to do etc.

My school's for example, says about how it aims to help children learn through doing blah blah blah

Hope thats helped a bit....

company goals for the next 5 or so years.