is the situation in Iraq the modern version of 3rd W.W.?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No, we are not fighting a declared nationality/ country. The Iraq government was toppled (like france with its resistance) but we are not squaring off against any power. I personally would compare this to a modern day vietnam. We are fighting a unseen enemy in a urban environment with weapons and troops pouring over the border from Iran.

• NIck N
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

War has no Modern versions. It doesn't matter if it is 3rd WW or not. It is a war people die and souls are lost. It is something that has been brought about and forced upon us from a few radical one sided extremest in the Islamic world. It is to bad Islamic radicals have the attitude that everyone has to be Islamic or die. What would you do?

• 1 decade ago

No I dont think history will look apon it that way. There were not enough countrys involved to consider it a world war. The loss of life (though sad) was not enough. I think it will be viewed more like the korean or veitnam wars.

• 1 decade ago

No. It is the modern vesion of a big bully going up to a smaller kid in the playground and puching him flat in the mud for no reason.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No.

A world war is going to involve a whole lot more than Iraq and a few other countries.

We really don't want WW III.

Way too many nukes!

It won't be good for anyone.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, it is and in prospestive of history we are in 1943.

• 1 decade ago

overdone. Go back to sleep. GW has your back covered;

• 1 decade ago

I dont' think so. Its more a civil war.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.