is the situation in Iraq the modern version of 3rd W.W.?

Favorite Answer

No, we are not fighting a declared nationality/ country. The Iraq government was toppled (like france with its resistance) but we are not squaring off against any power. I personally would compare this to a modern day vietnam. We are fighting a unseen enemy in a urban environment with weapons and troops pouring over the border from Iran.

• NIck N

War has no Modern versions. It doesn't matter if it is 3rd WW or not. It is a war people die and souls are lost. It is something that has been brought about and forced upon us from a few radical one sided extremest in the Islamic world. It is to bad Islamic radicals have the attitude that everyone has to be Islamic or die. What would you do?

No I dont think history will look apon it that way. There were not enough countrys involved to consider it a world war. The loss of life (though sad) was not enough. I think it will be viewed more like the korean or veitnam wars.

No. It is the modern vesion of a big bully going up to a smaller kid in the playground and puching him flat in the mud for no reason.

No.

A world war is going to involve a whole lot more than Iraq and a few other countries.

We really don't want WW III.

Way too many nukes!

It won't be good for anyone.

Yes, it is and in prospestive of history we are in 1943.

overdone. Go back to sleep. GW has your back covered;

I dont' think so. Its more a civil war.