Why are people hanging there Christmas tree upside down?

Favorite Answer

This is a fad that started last year in England. They were also spraying them black.

It is an easier and a more functional way for people who live in tight quarters to decorate because the biggest part of the tree is in the air. There is also more room for bigger presents.

Many Christians object to this new fad because the tip of the Christmas tree "points to the heavens". When you hang it upside down, well...

Source(s): Today episode from December 2005

No. A Christmas tree is not a religious symbol like a cross. While it does originate with the druids and I believe a Christmas tree may hold significance with them you aren't really committing blasphemy in the modern day at least that I know of.

The only reason I can think of for this being done would be to spread out the branches if the tree has been kept in a treesock (tight netting) for transport. It would return the tree to it's fullest state theoretically.

Maybe it's easier to put the star on the top of the tree

Maybe they only LOOK upside down to us because they're in Australia?!?

New wierd fad, I personally do not like it

• Jane

It's a new fad...looks really stupid to me.

maybe because they landed too hard on their heads