babyg asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

what is the best way to overcome a depression?

Well, i've been suffering from depression since i'm really not losing wait and everybody around me notices it, which making it worse. Truth is i have one diet that really works for me, however i can't do it because i've been woking on a constant shifting schedule? help? i'm really devastated.

Favorite Answer

Believe it or not but sex is a good thing to help someone who suffers from depression.

working a constant shift schedule willl cause depression by itself your body is out of wack with the switching if you are not used to this it can cause the depression. in addition your eating times are messed up and it is hard but not impossible to lose weight. hopefully you will get on a routine shift and you can adjust your diet accordingly don't let yourself get upset of what others may be saying

you didn't ask for this.

Trying to visualise from my stand point, its good to lose weight but these days people are just looking at the wrong things, may i suggest cycling / swimming and try to build your inner self with some kind of inspirational book or music, Hey mind you loosing weight is very healthy for the body not overworking its self i.e your heart not having to pump 2x as much to get blood all over your body, so my advice is avoid :- too much sodas ( carb), eating late, and decrease the use of too much Na (sodium/ salt) use lots of water and try adding cycling to your free time schedule. about changing work make sure that you have the correct mind set.

Sounds like you are really focusing on the weight to much. If you seek something too much it wont happen. Stop trying to base your happiness on outward things. Love your inner self first. Working alot is fine. Just find a balance. Drink alot of water. Dont drink soda, dont drink alcohol.

I think you should try and walk around your block. Park the car farther away, so it makes you walk. Make a list of what you are eating so you can see what it consists of.

Stay away from too many carbs.

If taking meds look to see if that is a side effect,

After suffering from anxiety and depression for almost 5 years now, reading this book has made me feel like a new person. I can't describe in words what this book means to me. I highly recommend You To read this book. this book will change your life.

http://astore.amazon.com/mwer-20/detail/0471768286...

if u work on a constant shifting will make your depression.

I will suggest you change ur job, try Milk Thistle & fish oil sumplements, it work for depression.

Looks don't matter all that much. Don't beat yourself over it, okay?

Start the diet when you get the routine stuff right.

Don't bother about what others say. ;)

i will not try to ell you to lose the wait, having said that the only reason hwy should try to lose the wait is because it could unhealthy for you.

running helps (swimming too). good luck