what is the difference??? mp3 and ipod?

I am out of the loop and need help. I am 30 and my daughter is 10 and she knows more then me. lol Plz explain what is the difference between and ipod and mp3!! To me the same thing with a different name.

Favorite Answer

The Ipod is just Apple's version of the MP3 player.

_

_

_

_

_

• sarwar

mp3 is an abbreviation for music participant, and mp3 is a really elementary music record format. Ipod is only a style call, this is an mp3 participant too. Ipod is the style a million promoting and correctly rated of all mp3 gamers. the alterations are interior the manufacturers of mp3 gamers, like zune is yet another style of mp3 participant, function variety between mp3 participant organizations too.

• Claude

An iPod is a device used to play music in mp3 format which has now phased out walkmans. mp3's are basically just the songs itself which can be stored on the iPod.

an mp3 is a type of music file. an ipod is 'hardware' that is capable of playing mp3 files. there are a lot of other mp3 players out there (made by Sony, SanDisk, Creative, even Microsoft, etc.), but Apple's ipod is the trendiest-- and arguably the best.

MP3 is a digital audio file (a music file). and Ipod is a digital audio player which you can input musics such as an MP3 files and listen to it.

ipod is mp3 player. mp3 is compressed aac file. acc is a standard CD format. You're lucky to have a smart daughter ;)

mp3 is a type of a format for audio songs.

Look here for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mp3

iPod is a mp3 player that plays mp3 audio songs & other formats.

Look here for more info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipod

-Hiren

ipods have the most attention, then other mp3 players

• ipod is just a brand name