Why do people like Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson?

I know he's not the founding member of Iron Maiden nor is he an original member, but I would like to know why his fans like him so much. For me, he's such a strong looking man and that I like.

Favorite Answer

He is sexy and he has a wonderful majestic voice

I believe the reason has 2 parts. First is his voice, he has a certain melody rarely found in Metal while at the same time he has a raspyness and projection that makes him metal. Second, as you stated he is/was a strong looking man and a band such as iron maiden with such a powerful mascot (Eddie) needs, no required, a front man dripping testosterone. There is also his athleticism (re: Live After Death video), which added such energy to his performance. I am going to assume that you have never seen Iron Maiden live. I have seen them 6 times and to truly understand any Metal show and its appeal, you have to experience it live. If this is not an option for you which anymore, probably isn't, get hold of the video that i mentioned, plug it in to a great surround sound system on a BIG television with good resolution and absorb yourself into the show.

He has a great voice. He is a very intelligent person, and helped (with Iron Maiden) to dispel the idea that Heavy Metal was music only for dummies.

He also puts on a great show, and really seems to have a lot of respect for the band's fans.

Iron Maiden rules! Dickinson is the man!

He may not be a founding member, but without him Maiden wouldn't be where they have been and are today.

::throw up your horns::

Personality wise I have read others have found him to be quite pompous and arrogant....but talent wise I would say he's one of the top metal vocalist still kicking. He can definately bring it and sing it as they say....

• Paula

2 words: "His Voice"

Source(s): Enuf Said, Up the Irons~
  • lefty

he's a good singer

i dont like him

he has no tatoos...