Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 decade ago

what is the difference between continental and american breakfast?

what is the difference between continental and american breakfast

Favorite Answer

Hi, A continental breakfast is juice or coffee, coffee cake or Danish, and sometimes fresh fruit.It is usually served in motels or hotels. An American breakfast is a full breakfast of eggs(any style), meat(ham, bacon, or sausage), potatoes(hash browns or country style), and toast or pancakes.It is served in restaurants.

American Continental Breakfast

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): difference continental american breakfast: https://shortly.im/UmLpR

Continental includes only things like donuts, rolls, croissants, butter (maybe if there's bread), sweet pastries,coffee or tea (the only hot items), ..... I was in Amsterdam & they icluded breads & salami like things. You might get fruit or juice. American Breakfast, now getting a litle more popular in business class hotels to lure more customers is much more expensive including a choice of, coffee, tea, eggs, omelettes, bacon, home fries, ham, sausage, hot items, pancakes, french toast, etc.(many times a nice buffet) The point is it's kind of a legal thing, too because (as Americans), we see the word BREAKFAST & we expect the whole shebang because we don't inrform ourselves . The difference is one is cold & disappointing , the other we expect when we hear the word breakfast. By the way, very good question 'cuz brother have I seen the arguments (from Americans only!) at the font desk (mostly southerners & midwesteners, no offense) yelling that they cot gipped on beakfast! Good luck in your travels!!

Cooking.

American breakfast is hot: eggs, toast, coffee

Continental breakfast is cold: Danish, juice

• Debra

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awo2M

A continental breakfast is light, consisting of a pastry and juice or coffee whereas an american breakfast is heavier consisting of eggs,meat,potatoes, toast, juice or coffee.

Well a american breakfast is cooked food. Like bacon, eggs, sausages and so on.... a continental breakfast is buiscuits (brötchen in germany) and jelly or with cheese. So its a cold one!

Source(s): My source. I am german and my boyfriend american

Continental: When you stay at a hotel, they will offer this. You get milk & cereal, instant oatmeal packs, muffins, donuts, coffee and juice. Serve yourself stuff.

I guess "American breakfast" would be the traditional food we eat. Bacon, eggs, toast, sausage, hashbrowns, etc.

One is a bun or Danish with fruit and coffee. The other consists of bacon, eggs, sausage, flapjacks, loads of butter and maple syrup, and toast, along with coffee. I prefer the continental.

Continental is CONTINENTAL

& AMERICAN Breakfast is american breakfast.

thats the difference mua chiri;)