mu_ba asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

whats wrong with me?

when ever im in pain i laugh all most uncontrollably instead of crying.its not because i do that on perpose it just happens i messed up my ankel and started laughing and could not stop my mom asked me it i was high witch i was not.why do i do this?

people look at me like im crazy

Favorite Answer

lol well i admit it must be a little annoying for urself. well theres nothing wrong with u, i used to be the same, whenever id hear anything that should make me cry, id just smile. i think its just the way ur mind is helping u cope with ur pain. like instead of crying and really feeling it, u laugh as sorta a coping mechanism, so that u dont really have to feel it at all. i know im going in circles but what im trying to say is that its just ur bodys way of not feeling the pain, by replacing it with laughter. hope it makes sence. amazing how our body does this without us even thinking bout it huh?

well i heard this somewhere but when u get hurt, sometimes it touches a nerve or something and this kinda tickles u in a way. which may be the cause of laughter too.

I don't know but you should probably go to your family physician and get it checked out if you are concerned about it.

You can help your health professional diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:

What are your main symptoms?

How long have you had your symptoms?

How and when did an injury occur? How was it treated?

Can you walk, or is walking difficult?

Have you had any injuries in the past to the same area? Do you have any continuing problems because of the previous injury?

What activities related to sports, work, or your lifestyle make your symptoms better or worse?

What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?

What nonprescription medications have you taken. Did they help?

Do you have any health risks?

Good luck and don't worry, everything will be alright.

• Lynne

People have different ways of dealing with pain...you laugh!

I guess its normal. Its just your way of dealing with pain.

Don't worry too much about what people think, neway it can't be that bad, can it..

• DENISE

i have a friend just like you and she does the same thing.

she said if she did cry she wouldn't be able to stop.

it's called bottling it up.

it just a way to handle it for some people.

but that's okay

Nothing wrong with you, cats purr when they're upset, You laugh good for you!