Why architectural profession is not paid as well as others?

You can find the fact around the world..

Compared with other graduates, most architects need to study longer, had more assignments, spend more money on 'tools'.. And when they start the career, they will need a couple of years to get a lisence, many years to get recognized, and a few lucky ones can get famous after a couple of decades of hard work.. still you have to give more but what you get is much less than others

this is quite phenomenon, since most people think arcthitects are well-paid exclusive job

Favorite Answer

It's a simple matter of supply and demand. Once the drawings for a house or small building are done they can be reused many times, as in tract housing and strip malls, or sold cheap to a developer and used again. It's only with high priced structures where individuality really counts that well paid and talented architects are required, and those professionals don't become super talented overnight.

Source(s): I studied for architecture and my sister is/was an architect (she is retired, and I changed to physics, because of an oversupply of architects years ago.)

There are many many people who feel they are not paid well enough and some are right so what else is new?