forced air furnace not blowing heat, its 17 degrees help.?

I recently had the furnace guy out, to turn on my furnace, well my fam member turned it off w/out knowing, the pilot light is on, but the fan is not blowing at all, it was working fine till she shut it off.

What can I do myself, ?????

It is currently 60 degrees in my home, 17 degrees outside, and freezing in here, mind you I gradually turned it up to see if it would start working, but nothing.

please help. I have three small children.

just want to add thermostat is set at auto. not on fan. and funace every ten minutes sounds like the motor is turning on, but then quits and I dont here the fan blowing. urghhhhh.

• aussie
    Favorite Answer

Your thermostate should be on auto not manual. The furnace knob by the burner should be turned from pilot to on. and the stat should be turned up above the room temp

The thermocouple, the device which checks to see if the pilot light is on before opening the main gas valve, is shot. Call the furnace guy again!

well i would look at y thermastat where it says manual auto and fan i think u need to turn it to auto then set ur thermestat to above room temp