Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 decade ago

where do i find out about criminal law ?

i am trying to help a friend in a trial case and i need some advi9ce and some answers

5 Answers

  • 1 decade ago

    Of course,dishing out the bucks for an attorney is the first and best route. Be aware and do a background check on the attorney before hiring as the majority of them are just in it for the money and will rob you blind if you don't watch your back. To look up legal issues, laws, and case law, try or other sites like it.

  • Ryan D
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

    They're called "attorneys" and can be found through your copy of the Yellow Pages. If you are looking to Yahoo! Answers for legal advice, you are not qualified to provide it to others, and your friend needs to get himself a lawyer.

    If you're looking for answers to specific questions of law regarding a situation you have, there are people around here, myself included, that would be happy to offer some free advice. But nothing anyone says here should be the cause of you pursuing any course related to criminal law.

    P.S.: If you are a lawyer, your friend needs to get himself a new lawyer.

  • 1 decade ago

    You need to get an attorney liscenced to practice in your jurisdiction. It is illegal for non-lawyers to give legal advice.

    If you just want to educate yourself concerning legal issues, you can go to You can even look up attorneys in your area from this site.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

    yeah sounds like you or your friend needs a lawyer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.